Academy of Police Forces in Bratislava, Slovak Criminalists’ Society, Criminalists’ Association of Lithuania and Forensic Science Centre of Lithuania, kindly invite you to participate in 16th International congress “Criminalistics and forensic expertology: science, studies, practice”.
1. VENUE AND TIME OF THE CONGRESS: Congress will take place on 10-11 of September, 2020 at Academy of Police Forces in Bratislava, Sklabinská str. 1, 83517 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
2. MAIN TOPICS OF THE CONGRESS: Themes of the conference are generated under the results of questionnaires distributed in previous congress (Kaunas)
Application of specific psychological knowledge in investigations processes and practices.
Changes in tactics of criminalistics: from crime scene to the court proceedings.
Roles and influences of non-governmental institutions in common European forensic
science area (common area of criminalistics).
Politics of criminalistics. Doctrine of Criminalistics. Strategy of crime investigation.
Cybernetic security and digitalisation procedures in criminalistics and forensic expertology.
Usage of special knowledge in different procedures. Criminalistical-scientific evaluation of court practices.
Influence of legal regulation for development of criminalistics and forensic science.
Modern tendencies in didactics of criminalistics.
Applied criminalistical methodics for crime investigation.
Criminalistics and forensic science in Europe: towards harmonisationf of conceptions and paradigms.
3. LANGUAGES OF THE CONGRESS – Slovak, English, Russian (synchronic translation will be organized). It is possible to prepare poster and oral presentations for the congress. The Scientific committee of the Congress will evaluate the scientific level and content of the presentations.
4. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS: Registration fee of participant: Early congress registration fee (till 20 of April, 2020) is 140,- Euro, Full congress registration fee (after 20 of April, 2020) is 150,- Euro. The registration fee includes: participation in 16th congress, certificate and published congress materials, coffee and lunch breaks, dinners, other organizational expenses, including 21% VAT. It does not include international or national trips,
accommodation, etc. The registration fee should be transferred into the Academy of Police Forces in Bratislava, IBAN No: SK05 8180 0000 0070 0040 9772, SWIFT SPSRSKBA, (Statna pokladnica). Please specify the first and last name of the participant and the purpose of the transfer: VS 8010 registration fee for 16th Congress.
Accompanying person will be charged separately for their participation in social events of the Congress. By the permission of organizing committee of the conference late registration fee may be paid in cash after arrival to the Congress. The transferred registration fee may be returned to the persons who inform about their incapability to participate in the conference until 1st of July, 2020. If the person does not inform organizers about his/her incapability to
participate until defined date, the registration fee is not refunded.
Publication fee is separate fee of 50 Euros per article which should be paid until 20th of April, 2020 into the account of the Criminalists’ Association of Lithuania account, company code 195742910, account No LT 10 7044 0600 0159 7508, SWIFT CBVI LT 2X (BANK AB SEB). Please specify the first and last name of the author and the purpose of the transfer: publication fee. This payment is possible only by bank transfer. Payment evidences should be presented together with the article. Publication is possible without participation in the Congress.
- IMPORTANTE DATES: Till 15th of March, 2020 – to fill registration form and present summary including 5-10 key words of poster, presentation or article (if applicable) in original and English languages (max one printed sheet together). Payment of early registration fee till 20 of April, 2020. Till 20 of April, 2020 – to present article for publication prepared under the indicated below requirements. Together with the article the photos of authors and evidences of payment of publication fee should be presented. The articles may be prepared in Slovak, English, Russian, Lithuanian or German languages. The summaries in original and English languages are necessary. Together with the article one scientific review of the article should be presented in mentioned above languages and evidence of the transfer of registration fee. The presented articles will be review by scientific committee as well. The articles will be traditionally published in separate reviewed annual editions. Registration forms, articles and other obligatory documentation should be emailed till the defined dates to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All the information about the event and the possibility for registration is on the site: www.kriminalistika.estranky.sk .
- PRELIMINARY PROGRAM OF THE CONGRESS: 10 of September, 2020 (thursday) 8.00 – 10.00 Participants’ registration / 10.00 – 10.30 Opening of the conference, greetings / 10.30 – 13.00 Plenary presentations / 14.15 – 18.00 Plenary presentations / 18.00 – 21.00 Welcoming reception,
11th of September, 2020 (friday) 9.00 – 10.45 Section workshops / 11.00 – 13.00 Section workshops/ Poster presentations / 14.00 – 15.30 Section workshops/ Poster presentations / 15.45 – 17.00 Plenary session and closing of the Congress / 19.00 – 22.00 Gala dinner.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTICLES (PRESENTATIONS). The articles will be published in separate reviewed edition till the conference date. The articles should be prepared using Microsoft Word program, Times New Roman 12 pt font, using 1,5 line interval on ones side of A4 paper, the margins should be not less than 25 mm from all sides, not more than 14 printed A4 pages. The scientific review – not long – 2-7 pages (approximately 20 000 characters), pages should be numbered. Please note that any pictures, diagrams or other illustrating data will be printed in gray scale. All tables, pictures, diagrams should be included into the text. Most recommended formats for illustrative material – Tagged Image Format File (TIFF), Word for Windows, Corel Draw, Excel. The pictures should be of good quality, sharp and appropriate for reprinting. All illustrative materials should be numbered and titled. Title for tables should be indicated above, for other illustrative materials – underneath. Structure of the article: 1. Title of the article. 2. Author’s name and surname, scientific and pedagogical title, name and address of Institution represented, position, phone and e-mail. 3. Annotation (min. 200 – max. 400 characters), in original language should shortly reflect content of the article and main question analysed in it. Key words – 5-10 main words, used in the article should be defined. 4. Introduction (relevancy, originality of the topic should be disclosed, the purpose and main objectives of research as well as scientific methods used should be indicated). 5. It is recommended to divide the text into chapters, for example 2., 2.1., 2.2.1. and no more as 3 level. 6. Scientific Conclusions or discussions and recommendations should be indicated at the end of the article, they should be based on the research presented. 7. References used in the article should be indicated at the bottom of the page. All footnotes should be formatted under the Chicago style requirements. The list of references is not presented. 8. The comprehensive summary up to 2000 characters and key words in English should be attached to the article. The summary should reflect main questions, conclusions and recommendations of the article. It should also include title of the article, name and surname of the author in English alphabet, name of institution.