ENFSI Forensic Archaeology Subgroup announced 11th edition of the European Meeting on Forensic Archaeology that will be held in Madrid (Spain) on the 28th-29th September2023. The meeting will be co-organized by the Section of Anthropology and Forensic Odontology of the Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences of Madrid, and by the Area of Forensic Anthropology of the Criminalistic Service of the National Institute of Toxicology and Forensic Sciences.
This scientific meeting seeks to bring together practitioners as well as researchers, academics and students from scientific institutions and universities across Europe and beyond working in the fields of Forensic Archaeology and other related forensic disciplines (Forensic Anthropology, Geophysics, Human Taphonomy, Forensic Ecology, Crime Scene Investigation, Heritage Crime).
The theme of the meeting will focus on the field of Forensic Archaeology and related fields. Papers will be accepted within the following areas:
– Development and current status of Forensic Archaeology in Europe and elsewhere.
– Training and future of the discipline.
– Forensic taphonomy.
– Search and location (GIS, ground penetrating radar, LiDAR, canine units…).
– Methods in excavation and documentation of clandestine graves and scatter scenes.
– Safety protocols and prevention measures at the site of the survey.
– Analysis and collection of forensic ecology samples (soils, pollen, botany, etc.) of forensic interest at the scene.
– Mass fatality incidents.
– Judicial and Human Rights cases.
– Historical crimes: analysis and investigation of the scene.
– Heritage Crime.
The official language of the congress is English. Therefore, all papers must be presented in this language, although, eventually, papers in Spanish may be accepted (only in the case of oral communications) prior acceptance by the Scientific Committee. To guarantee the follow-up of the oral communication sessions, Simultaneous translation service will be offered (English-Spanish/Spanish-English through subtitles).
Participation in the congress can present face to face or online. Attendees who wish to present original works may do so in three ways:
– Oral Communication (10 min).
– Presentation of Posters.
– Scientific Photography.
More information on website: https://www.comunidad.madrid/en/servicios/justicia/11th-european-meeting-on-forensic-archaeology.